Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011, What are your plans?

Today I am sitting and praying over specific areas that I want to see grow in 2011.

Im looking at organising and being intentional about the things that are important to me.
I want to have God flood my everyday with Himself.
I am looking at areas of:
  • Deepening my time with the Lord.
  • Teaching my daughters to love and serve the Lord
  • Nurturing my marriage
  • Being busy and organised at home.
  • Continuing my weight loss journey and keeping my focus on The Lord for my direction through the Glory Gals
I am loving the accountability of Good Morning Girls, these woman email each other daily as a way of being accountable to be keeping in the Word each day. We pray for each other and this group has been a tremendous blessing for me. If you are not in a Good Morning Girls group, I would strongly encourage you to get a few friends together from your Church, Bible study, facebook or bloggy buddies- anywhere and start up a group. If you need a group there is a message board to meet others with a passion for God or drop me an email/comment.

Mary Kate Warner has some very good resources  that I have been using to teach my DD 3yo. Mary Kate has really good original craft ideas that become part of the children's special things not just something that sits on the backseat of the car til it is thrown away. We made a prayer heart and have put our promises in it and we are making a memory verse box and my older DD 13 is quite engaged with the craft too. I really like her ideas and the kids learn special things about God in there everyday, her ideas are not just fab for sunday school lessons but we use them as craft for visits to friends houses and our regular time with God.
Have a look around her new website and leave Mary Kate a comment to say you stopped by. I think it is great to get practical help to sow God's word into the lil hearts that fill our day be they our kiddos, grandchildren or friends and I appreciate her creative ideas!! Have a look at http://www.christianitycove.com/

What a tremendous blessing to have a brand new year to love and serve the Lord, let us make our priority Giving Glory to God where we are in 2011!

Hugs
C

5 comments:

  1. I love your list of goals for this year... we're already a week in and I seem to have failed at most of mine. I think I'm starting fresh today :).

    Thank you for your comment on my blog last week. It meant so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for you and your family (as well as your countymen) as the Lord brings you to mind. I pray you are safe and you feel His hand of protection!
    Blessings,
    Marilois (1happycampa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy i know exactly what you mean! I have been also thinking about my "word" goal fir the year and it has taken me most 2 weeks!!

    Thank you Marilois, we are safe here in Bathurst but the scenes & stories of devastation and heartache have been really awful. There is much talk (at the shops etc) and I am trying to have the courage to keep my words Christ focused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. Love your blog and love your list of goals for the coming year. One thing at a time, taken one day at a time. God bless you and your family. Be Blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a wonderful group! I'm in a Purpose Driven Life group with some neighborhood ladies right now, and it's so nice to have people to pray with and confide in. A blessing for sure!

    ReplyDelete