Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time Out!!

I have been really enjoying a video study on James over at Sarah's blog at liveitoutblog.com

I started the study late and I had to laugh- we were having a toddler moment here & I needed to regroup I sat opened my Bible as I knew I had 3 minutes (if not 2 or 3 lots of 3 minutes the way the meltdown was going!!) My bookmark was ready for James 4.
Of course The opening lines are: 1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.
How funny & appropriate! I could just see God smile as He saw the scene in our house as I grabbed my Bible for a quick sanity save!! The desires battling within my 3 to dd & she did NOT get what she wanted and there it was a fight of meltdown proportions!! How often do I do that before God, He prompts something from His Father heart for my wellbeing or growth and I have my own plans and desires within me that bring about my own rebellion and quarrel, i get into wrong motives and granted I rarely kick, scream, spit & hit anymore ;) but my rebellion is just the same and it requires Gods righteous correction. I end up in a mess, learning lessons that all too often I have to relearn a few times.
Oh dear I am so thankful that God is much more patient with me when I have my meltdowns. I love how my toddler gives me teachable moments from Heaven, I also love that I can call on the Word for a quick mumma time out while lil 3yo C is having one too!'

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    Popped over from bygrace.com. Love your blog and your openness in sharing about God and your life.

    I read a few more posts and wanted you to know our son had seizures for almost 2 years when he was a toddler. Hope your little girl is well.

    May God bless you in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn! You have a very nice and interesting blog! I'm sorry to read about your little girl and her illness, didn't get it though if it is something chronic or if she just had an acute encephalitis and is recovering from it. However, I'll keep her and your family in my prayers. Thanks for joining my new site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil C got an earache one day and by that night the germ had gone to her brain and she got really sick really fast. She spent around 7 weeks in hospital and has been recovering slowly, we are still struggling with seizures, irritation and her bowel twists because her lymph nodes swelled so much in response to her brain infection that they cause the bowel to turn in on itself (intersusseption) and that is very painful for her. She really has come along way and we are very thankful and blessed by her progress.

    ReplyDelete