Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hebrews 10:24 Challenge--A Spirit of Grace or a Spirit of Complaining?

I am really convicted to change my thinking and being a positive model for my family.

Yes we are going through tough times, but we ARE going THROUGH them with God and I am missing the contentment that seems to be replaced with a deep hollow "what else??..." I am searching for that contentment despite circumstances.

I am joining up below- please check out Mary Joy's site- you will be glad you did!

Seeds of Encouragement Sewn with Grace: Week 4 Hebrews 10:24 Challenge--A Spirit of Grace or a Spirit of Complaining?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to comment, love your blog design :)

    Claire (madefor3) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn,

    Wow! I just strolled around your wonderful blog and am in awe of all the work that God is doing in your lives. Some days are so much harder to maintain a spirit of contentment instead of a spirit of complaining. He understands your struggles more than anyone could possibly imagine. He knows your hearts desire to be content...leaning on Him is the only way to get through some situations...you have quite a testimony you are sharing. I am humbled that you have joined in my Hebrews 10:24 Challenge this week. I will be praying for you. Your story brought tears to my eyes...Praying for God's blessings in your times of difficulties...you are such an encouragement to me!!

    Encouraging in His Grace,

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S...just became a follower and a subscriber...I will be keeping up with your journey! Blessings to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so easy to fall into the pit of discontent! Our culture attempts to make us believe we need to be more, do more and have more. Thankfully, we serve a God who says, 'lay it down and I will take care of it'! He sees your heart and he understands where you're at. Rest in Him and he'll take care of the rest!

    Be encouraged:

    "These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world." 1 Peter 1:7

    You are bringing Him much glory and praise as you walk this difficult road!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete